CEO Blog: Advantages and Disadvantages of Polished Concrete
We have been involved in polished concrete floors for over 30 years in 40 different countries, we have seen all kinds of concrete with all kinds of finishes. Still, generally speaking, the disadvantages of polished concrete are very few. They involve things like color changes, salt stains which are deeply embedded in the concrete, or imprints made when pouring the concrete. For the most part, these issues can be avoided if the contractor is careful to follow the correct procedures at each stage of the installation. And for some people these disadvantages are not remarkable, because the workability of the concrete floor does not decrease.
In the old floors our contractors have refurbished floors where has been things like tire marks, cracks, oil stains etc. all of which can be removed or significantly improve by Concria™ Fast system.
Then again, the many advantages of polished concrete floor are significant. Below there are some good reasons for considering polished concrete in your warehouse or retail space:
- Lifetime cost: The fact is that you will likely never have to replace it, it is easy to see how it saves money both in the short term and the long term.
- Versatility: Concria Optimal Slab offers virtually unlimited set of options as to color, design and finish. It can be used in indoor applications as well as outdoor applications
- Ease of Maintenance: Once you have prepared, polished and sealed your concrete floor, maintenance with Concria™ Sleek is a breeze. Cleaning regularly will keep your floor sparkling (with close to 90 DOI) as our cleaning system does not cause orange peel effect
- Eco-Friendliness: When properly maintained, your polished concrete floor lasts a lifetime. With Concria eco-friendly materials used to treat the polished concrete, it is also a good choice for environment.
- Invulnerable to moisture damage and mold: Flooring options like tiling, linoleum, and carpeting are vulnerable to moisture damage or mold, polished concrete has none of those problems, making it a great choice for people with allergy-sufferers or asthmatics.
The long experience we have in maintaining different kind of floors with different methods have given us the background to develop the best possible floor for Warehouses (Industrial topping with Nano densification, Concria Fast polished floor) and for retail (Optimal Slap, Design floor). and the best maintenance system in the world to guarantee 20 years of dust free flooring.
Co-Owner / CEO at Concria Oy
Aki has a strong background in international business and logistics. You can find Aki on LinkedIn.